Web site development has evolved from developing separate web sites for PC, notebooks, tablets, and smartphones to developing a single site which “responds” to all devices. This flexible format allows you to control the presentation of your web content while providing a quality user experience on any device.
Learn more about Responsive Design in this presentation.
In today’s Webinar Wednesday episode, lead Website Developer, Landon Miller, provides insight on the emergence of mobile web browsing and why having a website that is responsive – resizes according to the size of the device at hand – is the smart ticket.
Video Transcript (Highlights)
What is a Responsive Website?
It’s a website that responds to its environment.
“Day by day, the number of devices, platforms, and browsers that need to work with your site grows. Responsive web design represents a fundamental shift in how we’ll build websites for the decade to come.” – JEFFREY VEEN
Why Go with a Responsive Design?
- Global mobile data traffic grew 70 percent in 2012.
- 45% of adults ages 18-29 do most of their surfing on mobile.
- Over two-thirds of cell phone owning Americans use their phones to surf the web and check email.
- 21% of those people use it as their primary internet source
- Only maintain one site.
- Optimized mobile experience for unlimited devices.
- Link Sharing.
- It’s naturally SEO friendly.
Content Management Systems
Take control of your site! Make timely changes! Add Increased Functionality Easily manage your site.
- CMS: Sitefinity
Integrated Custom Tools
- Banner Management.
- Announcement Management.
- Rates Management.
Did you like this blog post?
Get more posts just like this delivered twice a month to your inbox!