Credit-Based Marketing comes with many great advantages. One of the biggest advantages is that you will only market to those who qualify for the campaign you are sending out.
In today’s Webinar Wednesday episode, Tim Turczyn discusses ways LKCS can assist your company through the use of Credit-Based Marketing.
Video Transcript (Highlights)
LKCS Credit Based Marketing
Who should I be targeting?
A select group of people who meet specific criteria.
How do I know what product to offer?
By leveraging tri-bureau capabilities we can find a targeted list of potential customers to meet any product.
Credit Prospecting vs. Credit Alerting
Use credit data PROACTIVELY
Market to prospects or existing account holders with specific demographic and/or credit-based traits.
Credit Alerting: Use credit data REACTIVELY.
Market to prospects or existing account holders actively seeking a loan elsewhere.
Credit Bureau Data: Purchasing Actual Data from the Credit Bureaus
All Three Bureaus
LKCS has relationships that enable us to provide data from any or all of the three major bureaus. Not all bureaus have information on all people – it is important to source data from multiple bureaus.
Up to 70% increase in leads when pulling data from three bureaus as opposed to one. No additional cost to obtain data from multiple bureaus.
Data Aggregation Overview
LKCS multi-sources credit and non-credit data creating a very unique compilation of data. • Financial Services-centric and significant incremental advantages.
Data Available from All Three Bureaus
Select which of the credit bureau(s) you want to receive data from as the first choice. – Even though you may prefer to work with one bureau in particular, account holders may be shopping with a company that uses a different bureau – Benefit from incremental lift by adding additional bureaus. #ofInquiries
Using Credit Data: Specify Your Lending Guidelines
Only market to prospects and account holders meeting your specific credit criteria (ie – FICO Score, LTV, Credit History, etc.).
Firm Offers of Credit
Credit data can only be used when you are extending credit offers. More on this later… Must be compliant with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. – LKCS helps with this!
Firm Offers of Credit
When using Credit Bureau data, marketing materials must include: Indications that the recipient is pre-selected, pre- screened, pre-approved, or pre-qualified. Terms and conditions; eligibility requirements. Including why credit may not be extended after all. Minimum dollar amount for which the recipient has been qualified. Opt-out notice and disclosure.
Credit Prospecting Loan Acquisition Credit Prospecting
Credit Prospecting: Available for any pre-screen marketing campaigns:
- Auto Loans
- Auto and Mortgage Refinancing
- Credit Cards
Pre-screen your existing account holders or reach out to credit-qualified prospects in your area(s).
Credit Prospecting Campaigns
Extend pre-approved offers of credit to account holders and non-account holders based on actual credit score information.
Set criteria to identify recipients that will qualify for a loan offer based on your specific pre-screen requirements. Send direct mail loan offers, e-mail offers, statement-based campaigns and make outbound phone calls to qualified account holder and non-account holder prospects. And you can utilize our DataFlex reporting engine to measure the results of these campaigns!
DataFlex Document Solutions Reporting
DataFlex is an Advanced Financial Marketing, Reporting and Tracking System. Use the power of DataFlex reports to measure the results of your pre-screen and credit alerting efforts. LKCS will incorporate any credit based data you utilize into DataFlex to track individual campaign results. Use DataFlex to Identify Cross-Sell Opportunities from your Core Processing System with ease.
- Sample Reports
- Potential Credit Prospecting Campaigns
- Leverage credit data to generate loans.
- These are just a few EXAMPLES.
Be creative, brainstorm campaigns that make sense for your institution. ADJUST as needed. Adjust the credit parameters, etc. as needed to fit your lending guidelines and goals.
- AUTO REFIS
- Lease Expirations
- Fico Scores 620+
- Exclude auto lates/repo’s – 1-3 months left on their lease
- Loan Payoff
- Fico Scores 640+
- Exclude auto lates/repo’s
- Loan Balance is greater than $10,000
- Minimum $XX savings on monthly payment
- MORTGAGE REFIS
- Home Equity Refi (1st position)
- Fico Scores 640+
- Mortgage balance below $150K
- Less than 50% LTV – No 30-day lates in last 12 months
- Fico Scores 680+
- Mortgage Balance $100K+
- No FHA/VA/reverse mortgages
- Age of loan 13-72 months – Estimated interest rate above X% – Up to 95% LTV
- Direct Mailer First-Time Home Buyers Offer
- Sample Campaigns
- Personalized Letter or Statement Cover Letter
- Revolving Debt Reduction Offer Home Equity Offer
- Sample Campaigns
- E-Mail Marketing
- First Time Home Buyers Offer
- Home Equity Offer
- DataFlex Credit Alerting Loan Retention Credit Alerting
- Credit-Based Loyalty Programs
- React with the RIGHT offer at the RIGHT time.
- Gain the ability to reach account holders who may be defecting to your competition in near real time.
- Based on actual credit bureau data.
- Deliver a firm offer of credit and/or cross-sell additional products at the moment a need has been identified.
Credit-Based Alerts – Here’s What Happens:
When your account holder applies for credit ANYWHERE, an inquiry is posted to his or her credit file. These inquiries are categorized according to the type of financial product the account holder is seeking: mortgage, auto loan, installment loan, credit card or insurance. Your account holder database is cross-referenced DAILY with these inquiries and a “lead” is generated each time there is a match with the credit file.
Respond with a firm offer of credit or insurance immediately after receiving the lead. Select which category(ies) of inquiry(ies) you wish to target. Leads are then pre-screened using your qualification criteria. Criteria can be based on numerous attributes including credit score, debt load, etc. Daily alerts from Equifax, TransUnion and Experian!
LKCS provides you with a list of all leads and fulfills any direct mail and/or e-mail offers on the same day.
DataFlex Credit Alerting
We provide credit-based activity alerts from ALL THREE major credit bureaus.
Close loans that would have gone to other lenders by comparing credit bureau activity each day! Monitor and identify your account holders DAILY for auto loan, mortgage, consumer loan and/or credit card inquiries. Set criteria to identify prospects that will qualify for a loan offer based on your specific pre-screen requirements.
Send direct mail, e-mail and/or statement onserts to contacts whose credit has been checked and meet your pre-screen criteria. Provide outbound call lists for your call center to contact these account holders.
Credit Alerting Case Study Results
Average Loan Size of $150,000
Front-end and back-end revenue of 2.5%-3.0% Quantity Monitored Monthly Mortgage Trigger Rate (1% after pass criteria)
What’s the Cost?
Credit Prospecting – Pricing depends on several factors including:
- Number of records purchased
- Demographic selects purchased
- Credit bureau minimum charges
- FREE List Counts and Estimates
- LKCS will run counts at no charge to determine feasibility and cost of your next pre-screen marketing campaign.
What’s the Cost?
- Credit Alerting
- Based on number of account holders and/or prospects screened each month
- FREE Opportunity Analysis
- We will review your account holder credit activity over the past 30 days and provide you with the following data: credit activity by inquiry type, state and credit bureau, as well as qualification rates using your specific qualification criteria!
Did you like this blog post?
Get more posts just like this delivered twice a month to your inbox!