What Are Location Landing Pages?
Location landing pages are a unique destination on your website. That means one page represents one real-world location. They are the best, most accurate place to find information about each bank or credit union branch, restaurant, store and more.
Why Are Location Landing Pages Important?
When you create a location landing page you are letting Google know that the location is important. Incorporating location landing pages into your new website design or adding them into your existing website structure has so many benefits. One goal in SEO (search engine optimization) is to help consumers find the nearest location when visiting your website. Another goal is to inform search engines about the unique characteristics of that location. Both of these goals can be accomplished with location landing pages.
Location Landing Page Setup
The structure of these pages is so important. There are must-have elements that should be present on each location landing page.
- A clear main title with the location listed.
- A secondary title that mentions the name of the business with the location and hours.
- A section listing out the business address, phone number and location hours.
- Information about the products and services at the location.
- Any information about the location itself that is unique.
Implementation of these pages will allow your business to begin ranking for these locations.
Taking Location Landing Pages to the Next Level
Let’s take location landing pages a step further regarding search engine optimization. Why not create multiple sets of landing pages targeting specific keywords in a location? This takes landing pages to a whole new level while continuing to promote brand awareness locally. For example, let’s say that we want to target mortgage loans in Chicago, IL. We would go by the following steps to create our page.
- The headline would be “Mortgage Loans Chicago, IL”.
- The secondary title would be “Get Pre-Approved for a Mortgage Loan in Chicago!”
- We would then make sure that an “Apply Online” call to action was present.
- Our content would then include working with the bank or credit union to apply for a mortgage, the pre-approval process and the different types of mortgage loans available in Chicago, IL. This should be three solid paragraphs with lists incorporated.
- We would close with the contact information for the loan department with another call to action to “Apply Online”.
These hybrid location landing pages are very valuable for targeting long tail keywords.
Once you set up your location landing pages now it is time to wait. Don’t get frustrated or impatient. It can take weeks for your pages to show up in the rankings. Results also can differ depending on what type of location you are targeting. It can take longer in a highly-populated area and you may have to make adjustments to your content or even add more to it. This is a tried and true method for developing ranking pages.
Did you like this blog post?
Get more posts just like this delivered twice a month to your inbox!